Applications for the spring exam term should be sent by April 28, 2023, for summer exam term by June 30, 2023, and for autumn exam term by September 01, 2023.
1) Completed Application form
2) Originals or certified copies of their secondary school certificates (for all the years of secondary school and the final certificate of education) with official transcript of records
*applicants from Germany are requested to submit 9th and 10th grade certificate and ABITUR certificate
3) Certificates of higher courses or degrees (college/university), if any.
4) Officially attested English translation of their secondary school/ graduation certificates if these weren’t originally written in English or Croatian.
5) Curriculum vitae in English (Europass)
6) 4 photographs, 4×6 cm (not older than six months)
7) Application fee in amount of € 200,00 payable directly to our account (not by a cheque):
Beneficiary: Faculty of Medicine, Braće Branchetta 20, 51000 Rijeka
Details of charge: OUR (all expenses are covered by the applicant)
Application fee is not refundable in case of withdrawn, incomplete application or declined application.
8) Original medical certificate of general health status (not older than one month) issued by an authorized family physician (not a family member)
9) Certified copy of relevant passport pages with the data and photo or certified copy of ID card
10) Original or certified copy of their birth certificate not older than 6 months (“domovnica” , “rodni list” originals and copy of your ID for Croatian citizens)
11) Certified financial statement that the applicant or their sponsor has adequate financial resources to finance their study (bank statement or statement of financial credibility). Statement of financial support has to be certified by public notary.
Statement of financial support
12) English language proficiency certificate (TOEFL, IELTS…). Cambridge and Oxford English language exams and certificates issued by (foreign) language schools (B2 level) are also accepted, as well as certificates of English language proficiency issued by a secondary school the candidate attended.
Documents must be certified by public notary.
The documentation is submitted exclusively in PDF format via a web application. When you receive the information that your documents have been verified, please send the original documents by post to the following address:
University of Rijeka, Faculty of Medicine
Medical Studies in English
Braće Branchetta 20
In the week before the entrance exam takes place, intensive preparatory course in the fields of Biology, Chemistry and Physics will be offered. The cost of the preparatory course is € 800,00.
Applications for the preparatory course are received 10 days prior to the beginning of the course by sending the proof of payment of the course fee to the email address: email@example.com.
Preparatory course in the fields of Biology, Chemistry and Physics:
I: May 8, 2023 – May 11, 2023
II: July 10, 2023 – July 13, 2023
III: September 11, 2023 – September 14, 2023
Candidates whose applications submitted in the previous years were blocked due to non-compliance with the rules of admission are no longer allowed to submit their application for enrolment in the University integrated undergraduate and graduate study programme of Medicine in English language.
Account holder: University of Rijeka, Faculty of Medicine, B. Branchetta 20, 51000 Rijeka, Croatia
Bank: Erste&Steiermärkische Bank d.d.
Bank address: Jadranski trg 3a, 51000 Rijeka, Croatia
It would be advisable to write reference ME52-0211 so that we can automatically recognize the payment in favor of Study of Medicine in English.
Account holder: University of Rijeka Faculty of Medicine, B. Branchetta 20, 51000 Rijeka, Croatia;
Bank: Zagrebačka banka d.d.
Bank address: Trg bana Josipa Jelačića 10, 10000 Zagreb, CROATIA