The admission procedure for all prospective applicants comprises:
1) Evaluation of the secondary school grades (overall average over the continuum of all 4 years of the secondary school education comprising all the grades and the final exam, together with the specific evaluation of grades in Biology, Chemistry and Physics)
All prospective candidates who have completed the secondary school program requirements in the Republic of Croatia, or attained equivalent qualifications abroad, in the duration of at least four years, and who have taken the courses in Biology, Chemistry and Physics for at least two years are eligible for admission into the first year.
2) Written exam in Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
I: The 7th of May 2021
II. The 9th of July 2021
III: The 17th of September 2021
Location: Rijeka, Faculty of Medicine premises and simultaneously abroad
* The entrance exam will be organized on-site at the University of Rijeka, Faculty of Medicine premises and simultaneously abroad or online according to the epidemiological situation at the time of the entrance exam
** Applicants can obtain a maximum of 150 points (120 points- entrance exam + 30 points- high school education).
Requirements for the entrance exam can be found here
3) Applicants who have completed a pre-medical college or passed internationally recognized exams (MCAT-with minimal score 125 for each section), or earned a BA/Bsc degree in natural sciences with good credits in Biology, Physics, Chemistry may be exempted from the entrance exam.
4) Applicants who have taken SAT Subject Tests in Biology, Physics and Chemistry, with the minimal score 600 in each subject, may also be exempted from the entrance exam.
5) Applicants who have taken the Biomedical Admissions Test (BMAT) (>4.0 in all tested categories) may also be exempted from the entrance exam.
6) Applicants who have taken the MediTest-EU (>70%) may also be exempted from the entrance exam.
7) Applicants who are neither native speakers of English, nor have graduated from an English- speaking secondary school or college are required to take an internationally recognized English language proficiency test (TOEFL – paper based test 500, internet based test 60, computer based test 170, IELTS – 6). Cambridge and Oxford English language exams and certificates issued by (foreign) language schools (B2 level) are also accepted, as well as certificates of English language proficiency issued by a secondary school a candidate attended.
8) Transfer students currently can not apply. Check Application procedure for more information.