The admission procedure for all prospective applicants comprises:
1) Evaluation of the secondary school grades (overall average over the continuum of all four years of the secondary school education comprising all the grades and the final exam, together with the specific evaluation of grades in Biology, Chemistry and Physics)
All prospective candidates who have completed the secondary school program requirements in the Republic of Croatia, or attained equivalent qualifications abroad, in the duration of at least four years, and who have taken the courses in Biology, Chemistry and Physics for at least two years are eligible for admission into the first year.
2) Written exam in Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
I: 13 May 2022
II. 8 July 2022
III: 23 September 2022
Location: Rijeka, Faculty of Medicine premises and simultaneously abroad
* The entrance exam will be organized on-site at the University of Rijeka, Faculty of Medicine premises and simultaneously abroad or online according to the epidemiological situation at the time of the entrance exam
** Applicants can obtain a maximum of 150 points (120 points – entrance exam + 30 points – high school education).
Requirements for the entrance exam can be found here
3) Applicants who have completed a premedical college or passed internationally recognized exams (MCAT – with a minimal score of 125 for each section), or earned a BA/Bsc degree in natural sciences with good credits in Biology, Physics, and Chemistry may be exempted from the entrance exam.
4) Applicants who have taken SAT Subject Tests in Biology, Physics and Chemistry with a minimal score of 600 in each subject may also be exempted from the entrance exam.
5) Applicants who have taken the Biomedical Admissions Test (BMAT) (> 4.0 in all tested categories) may also be exempted from the entrance exam.
6) Applicants who have taken the MediTest-EU (> 70%) may also be exempted from the entrance exam.
7) Applicants who are neither native speakers of English nor have graduated from an English-speaking secondary school or college are required to take an internationally recognized English language proficiency test (TOEFL – paper-based test 500, Internet-based test 60, computer-based test 170, IELTS – 6). Cambridge and Oxford English language exams and certificates issued by (foreign) language schools (B2 level) are also accepted, as well as certificates of English language proficiency issued by a secondary school a candidate attended.
8) Transfer is not possible in the first and last year of study. Applicants with grade average 3.8 or higher and without repetitions of the study year and study breaks in their eduacation may apply for transfer. Applicants interested in the transfers to the 4th and 5th year of study must submit Croatian language proficiency certificate (B1 level). Evaluations are made after receiving all the required application documents along with detailed course descriptions and transcripts of records. Applications should be sent by 15 September 2022. Check Transfer opportunities for more information.