Visa serves as a permit to enter the country, and can be issued for a maximum duration of 90 days. Visa can be obtained from the Croatian Embassy or Consulate before entering the country.
To get the student visa you need to present the letter of acceptance from the University.
You can check Visa requirements, procedure and all other details for your country HERE.
TEMPORARY RESIDENCE PERMIT
REPORT YOUR STAY:
All prospective students who are not Croatian citizens are obliged to report their staying in the Republic of Croatia to the police within 48 hours upon their arrival. If you stay at a hotel or hostel, their staff will report for you.
Students who are not obliged to possess a visa to enter the Republic of Croatia may stay in the Republic of Croatia for maximum 90 days within a period of 6 months, starting from the day of their first entry ( Article 45 (2) and (3) of the Aliens Act (Official Gazette No. 130/11, 74/13, 69/17 and 46/18).
When applying for the temporary residence permit following documents must be submitted:
1) Temporary Residence Application Form
2) Registration and cancellation of residence or registration of change of address form
3) Two passport photographs 3×3,5 cm
4) Birth Certificate, for married also Marriage Certificate
5) Valid passort or ID card (original to show and photocopy). The period of validity of a travel document has to be at least 3 months longer than the period of validity of a temporary stay permit.
6) Confirmation of enrolment at a higher education institution in Croatia
7) Health insurance valid in Croatia for at least 3 months
8) Proof of an assured accommodation in Rijeka (For instance a Contract of Sale of Property, a Tenancy Agreement, a Deed of Ownership)
9) Proof of financial resources for maintenance; (For instance confirmation of earnings by the employers, a bank statement, certified statement of financial support signed by guardian, family member or sponsor)
Required documents must be either the originals or notarised copies.
Students who already have the temporary residence permit and need to prolong it, have to submit their requests at a Police Station nearest to place of residence in Croatia no later that 30 days before the expiry of the current temporary residence permit.
Police Station Rijeka
Ul. Žrtava fašizma 3, 51000 Rijeka, Croatia
WORKING HOURS ( Monday- Friday) : 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
All documents which are not originally written in Croatian language need to be translated into Croatian by certified translator.
All international students must have health insurance during their stay in Croatia.
EU students can obtain free EHIC card which covers necessary medical assistance. Even with this card, it is recommendable to arrange for additional insurance coverage of regular health occasions.
- You can buy insurance policy that covers your stay in Croatia
- During your stay in Croatia, you have the possibility to enrol in Croatian Health Insurance Fund (CHIF – HZZO) which offers comprehensive health care. You can apply for medical insurance at CHIF (HZZO) appropriate branch office:
Croatian Health Insurance Fund- Regional Office Rijeka
Slogin kula 1, 51000 Rijeka, Croatia
TELEPHONE: +385 (0)51 355 311
FAX : +385 (0)51 335 746
WORKING HOURS ( Monday- Friday) : 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
You will need the following documents:
1. Confirmation of enrolment at a higher education institution in Croatia
2. An identification number (OIB number)
3. The certificate of temporary residence issued by Ministry of the Interiror (copy of temporary residence permit)
The monthly health insurance ontributions are 548,12 Kuna (approximately € 73,00).
Students from countries who have bilateral agreements with CHIF (EU, EEA, CH, BiH, MK, RS, TR, ME) can use health insurance according to their treaty.
PIN NUMBER (OIB NUMBER)
PIN NUMBER (OIB NUMBER) = personal identification number
You will get it by the Police when registering your temporary residence in Croatia for the first time or at Tax Administration, Riva 16, 51 000 Rijeka.
OIB field is a mandatory field in the information system and the enrolment is not possible without it.
Documentation necessary for the determanation and assigment of PIN number (OIB number):
1. Application for the determination and assignment of PIN number (OIB number)
2. Passport od ID card– the original is to be presented for inspection, and a certified copy thereof should be attached to the Application
Application form (on English and German language):
Application for the determination and assigment of the PIN number
Antrag auf zuteilung der PIN nummer